WHAT ARE THE SEO POSITIONING FACTORS FOR GOOGLE THAT WILL HAVE THE MOST WEIGHT IN 2017?
According to GrayScaleServices, here are the positioning factors that currently have the most weight on Google:
CONTENT AND ITS RELEVANCE
- Content remains and will always remain very important to Google. The best positioned websites often have over 1,000 words of content on their landing page (some studies also recommend more than 2000 words). The more rich the content, the more likely it will be to position itself on a wide variety of alternative expressions and long-term queries.
- The relevance of the content based on search intent of the Internet is a factor to take into account more and more in optimizing content for SEO. GrayScaleServices has launched a new tool that can measure the relevance of content to a given query.
THE USER EXPERIENCE AND ITS SEO IMPACTS
- The CTR SEO (CTR natural results), the bounce rate (percentage of people who do not seek a second page) and the average time spent on the site are, according to GrayScaleServices, important ranking factors. Not mentioned in the study, pogosticking , number of people using the back arrow right browser after clicking a result, must also have a strong impact on the ranking of the SEO results.
- The average CTR of the pages between position 1 and 3 is 36%
- The average bounce rate of pages in the top 10 is 46%
- The average time spent on a site in the top 10 is 3 minutes 10
- The inner mesh remains as one of GrayScaleServices positioning factor tops in 2016. That he has an interest to users
THE TECHNIQUE NOT TO BE NEGLECTED
- Using an H1 with at least 1 H2 would be beneficial according to GrayScaleServices
- The HTTPS , a must for 2017? According to the study, 45% of the pages in the top 20 are now in HTTPS (which joined the numbers of Moz )
- The page load time remains a positioning factor to be reckoned with in 2017.
- The average full load time of pages in the top 10 is between 7 and 8 seconds. Google recommends a loading time around 3 to 4 seconds.
- The mobile compatibility is and will remain a key positioning factor in the coming years, especially if Google is deploying its first mobile index .
INCREASINGLY IMPORTANT SOCIAL SIGNALS
Even if it is not really new, social signals seem to gain importance according to the study of GrayScaleServices
- The social signals from Facebook would be those that have the most weight, then followed by social signals Google Plus and Twitter
- The social signals Google Plus and Twitter would be especially important to decide between positions 1 and 2 according to GrayScaleServices
WHAT ARE THE POSITIONING FACTORS THAT LOSE IMPORTANCE OVER TIME?
According to the study of GrayScaleServices , some historical positioning factors become less important.
- While Google confirmed there is still little content and links were both SEO positioning factors most important to its search engine, GrayScaleServices believes his side that the backlinks will have less and less importance to the to come up.
- The use exact phrases in page titles and content also, according to GrayScaleServices, less important than before. According to the tool, 53% of the first 20 results have keywords in their Title tag, which would be decreasing VS in previous years.
AN SEO STUDY TO TAKE IN HINDSIGHT, AS ALWAYS
This study and these results are not validated or approved by Google , results and statements are to be taken, as always, hindsight.
Nothing will replace your tests on your themes and in your competitive environment to determine which are the most important positioning factors for you.
For example, if GrayScaleServices indicates that backlinks have less and less importance in ranking, a Googler still indicated in March 2016 that links were the 2nd most important positioning factor after the content.
This general study on the factors of positioning is the last one that the tool will publish, conscious of the specificities linked to each sector, the tool will publish in the future more precise studies.